Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

LG G2 All but useless

• Please log in to reply

brettt777

brettt777

• PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

I've had this G2 for almost two years and was going to upgrade soon and go back to a Samsung device but my wife dropped her S4 the other day and broke the screen so now she needs the upgrade more than me. So, since I appear to be stuck with this G2 for a while longer, I thought I might see if there's anything I can do to make it somewhat tolerable. The problem with it is that it freezes up constantly, anywhere from a half a second to 8-10 seconds or more. It doesn't matter what I'm doing; texting, e-mail, any apps, changing between apps, simply changing pages, anything. It freezes up constantly. When I'm typing, it will freeze and make me think I didn't type the letter or number, so I will type it again, and again. Then after a few seconds it will suddenly type 3 or 4 of that letter or number. VERY frustrating. I have updated the thing whenever possible (I think the 5.XX "L" update actually made it worse), done multiple factory resets, removed apps, added apps, anything I could think of. I also took it out of the Otterbox for a few days to see if that was causing a problem with the touchscreen. No help at all. I went in and removed or turned off every app except the most essential ones to try and free up RAM. No help. Nothing I have tried has made it any better. In fact, it seems to be getting worse. I really need to make this thing work better for a while longer till I can replace it. Anyone have any suggestions at all?

Advertisements