Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ROG G75VW keeps rebooting

Laptop

• Please log in to reply

Maxime Gauvin

Maxime Gauvin

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi,

I have a laptop Asus Rog G75VW. it is working perfectly fine, but it does shutdown on its own sometimes. Ive noticed it only happens when I am playing games. 

Ive done a few test, GPU never goes higher temp then 75. its doesnt shut down during hardware stress test...

Ive been working in IT for 5 years now and Ive tried everything I could think of...

I did monitor the system with few softwares, temps arent high or anything seems wrong. The only thing I noticed is the PSU gets

really hot when I play video games. But is there any way to test it. Because I dont want to spend 70$ on a psu if it still shut down.

The eventvwr says Kernel-Power (event 41).

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,773 posts

:welcome:   Maxime Gauvin,

The eventvwr says Kernel-Power (event 41).

One of the hardest ones to pin down as all it means is that something caused Windows to shutdown prematurely.

The only thing I noticed is the PSU gets really hot when I play video games. But is there any way to test it. 

No way to comprehensively test the AC adapter I`m afraid but what you could do is fully charge your battery, disconnect the AC adapter from the notebook and then play one of the games that normally crashes the computer.