Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Lexmark printers stopped auto feeding

Lexmark Printer feed

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Two Lexmark printers (E232 and E238) both stopped auto feeding on same exact day (I presume due to an update). Asus, Windows 8.1 OS, connect via USB cable.  I uninstalled Lexmark software, reinstalled (they now only have a "universal printer driver") - same problem. I can still use the printers, but must manually feed by sending one sheet at a time (beyond annoying). Have read about 100 troubleshooting articles. No error code appears, the printer just jams when it tries to auto feed (jams before it takes the sheet into the printer). Any suggestions appreciated.

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 513 posts

Hi geekhelp49

and welcome to our forums.

I think a "restore" using a system restore point created before the problem started would be worth trying.

See here for more information:

Extract from above set out below:

To restore your PC to an earlier point in time
  1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, then tap Search.
    (If you're using a mouse, point to the top-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, then click Search.)

2. Enter Control Panel in the search box, then tap or click Control Panel.

3. Enter Recovery in the Control Panel search box, then tap or click Recovery.

4. Tap or click Open System Restore, then follow the instructions.

You might have to try using several restore points before you get the right one.

This procedure should( repeat should not) affect your docs photos etc, but as always when making any changes to your computer check and then check again that all your back ups of everything important to you on your computer are correct, reproducible and with several copies with some kept safe offsite on removable media.

Post back and let us know how you get on