Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

decoupling window edges

• Please log in to reply

Basty

Basty

• PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

After using Windows Live mail and uTorrent for 5 years in my Win7 Ultimate 32bit, a new phenomenon has appeared. I keep those two windows in the secondary monitor. Generally there is a couple of inches between the bottom edge of the W.L.M. window  and the top edge of the uTorrent window. If I happen to lower the WLM edge so it (accidentally) touches the top of the uTorrent window, the two edges get 'glued' together, so that if I want raise the bottom edge of WLM, or lower the top edge of uTorrent, they move in lock-step. How to 'separate' them, other than by closing one of them ?

Edited by Basty, 25 May 2016 - 10:48 PM.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

Does minimizing one allow you to move the other?

Basty

Basty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

I did not know the answer, so brought the 'offending' edges together to test your suggestion, but they would not stick together. I can keep it in mind for the next time it happens. I KNOW that closing one window 'breaks the spell'.