Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

boot up problems

• Please log in to reply

spencer9812

spencer9812

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
My computer is having problems booting up. Everytime i boot up my computer i get 3 options. Windows XP home edition, restore Windows XP home edition or windows XP system recovery console. Then its goes to another menu ( reminding you this is all at boot up before you log in to your computer). This menu says if your computer restarted suddenly it was becuase of a software of hardware change and it was to protect your files. The options for this menu was safe mode, safe mode with networking and safe mode with command prompt and last configuration ( last time settings worked) or start windows normally. The second menu only comes up if I chose Windows XP home edition. If I choose restore windows XP home edition then i can access my computer but normally i choosed Windows XP home edition and any options I pick from the second menu then it reboots and takes me to the first menu.

Advertisements

spencer9812

spencer9812

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Close this topic because i fixed it myself. U know why becuase when i fixed threats viruses, registry problems i always restored afterwards and i didnt know what i was doing til now. It puts the problems back in place