Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer infected win32:PUP-gen/evo-gen/adware-gen [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

sabyre2th

sabyre2th

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Help please, new laptop and havnt been on any sites i dont usually go on or any downloads yet my antivirus constantly telling me suspicious files detected.
Ive run a boot time scan and its still going 45 mins later with masses of infections by

Win 32 : xpaj-gen
win 32 : PUP-gen [PUP]
win 32 : adware-gen [Adw]
Win 32 : Evo-gen [susp]

im new to all this so any help will be very much appreciated

Advertisements

Machiavelli

Machiavelli

GeekU Moderator

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,722 posts

Hello sabyre2th, welcome to Geeks to Go Malware Removal forum!

My name is Machiavelli. I will be assisting you with your malware-related problems.

======================================================

Please consider the following points during this process:

• Please ensure you read through my instructions thoroughly, and carry out each step in the order specified.
  • Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I provide for you. 
  • Please backup important files before proceeding with my instructions. Malware removal can be unpredictable at times.   
  • If you come across an issue whilst following my instructions, please stop and inform me of the issue.
  • Topics are locked if no response is made after 4 days. Please inform me if you require additional time.
  • I will notify you when I believe your computer is free of malware. Bear in mind, absence of symptoms does not necessarily correlate to absence of malware, so please wait until the "All Clean".

==========================================

Please run the following scans so I can ascertain the state of your computer.

STEP 1
Ky7CZ60.png Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM)

• Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
  • Click the Settings tab, followed by Detection and Protection and place a checkmark next to Scan for rootkits.
  • Click the Scan tab, ensure Threat Scan is selected and click Start Scan.
  • Note: You may see the following message, "Could not load DDA driver". Click Yes, allow your PC to reboot and continue afterwards. 
  • If threats are detected, click Remove Selected. If you are prompted to reboot, click Yes.
  • Upon completion of the scan (or after the reboot), click the History tab.
  • Click Application Logs, followed by the first Scan Log.
  • Click Export, followed by Copy to ClipboardPaste the log in your next reply. 

STEP 2

xlK5Hdb.png Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) Scan

• Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x32) or Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x64) and save the file to your Desktop.
  • Note: Download and run the version compatible with your system (32 or 64-bit). Download both if you're unsure; only one will run.
  • Right-click FRST.exe or FRST64.exe and select AVOiBNU.jpg Run as administrator to run the programme.
  • Click Yes to the disclaimer.
  • Ensure the Addition.txt box is checked.
  • Click the Scan button and let the programme run.
  • Upon completion, click OK, then OK on the Addition.txt pop up screen.
  • Two logs (FRST.txt & Addition.txt) will now be open on your Desktop. Copy the contents of both logs and paste in your next reply. 

======================================================

STEP 3
pfNZP4A.png Logs
In your next reply please include the following logs. Please be sure to copy and paste the requested logs, as well as provide information on any questions I may have asked.

• MBAM log
  • FRST.txt
  • Addition.txt

Machiavelli

Machiavelli

GeekU Moderator

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,722 posts

Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.