Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

so slow (Resolved).

- - - - -

Best Answer phillpower2 , 27 June 2016 - 10:24 AM

Download then run the Windows All in One Repair (free)  from here, disregard the malware guidance but follow the other steps to the letter and in particular ensuring that you first create a ne... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

dustypink

dustypink

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

I moved house recently, then my Windows downloaded windows 10 out of the blue Since then my lap top is so slow, pages not loading IE telling me its not respondning when it is. Sometimes pages freezing.

Any ideas what this could be please

Thanks

Amanda

Edited by dustypink, 31 May 2016 - 11:31 AM.

Advertisements

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

From MS website, the minimum system requirements for windows 10 upgrade is,

Processor:
1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC 
RAM:
1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit
Hard disk space:
16 GB for 32-bit OS 20 GB for 64-bit OS
Graphics card:
DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
Display:
800x600

Also i suggest you to read here.

dustypink

dustypink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Thanks I am computer illiterate, I have read this and my laptop is still slow..... should I have done anything once I read everything? My pages are taking ages to load. Should I be deleting anything?

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

I have a couple of questions for you,

1. whether this happens only on Browsing internet or on windows itself?

Windows downloaded windows 10 out of the blue

2. Can i know what you mean by out of the blue?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Hello dustypink,

If you really do not like Windows 10 you can roll back to your previous OS, see below;

• If it’s been less than a month since you upgraded to Windows 10, you can go back to your previous version of Windows by going to Settings > Update & security > Recovery  and selecting either Go back to Windows 7 or Go back to Windows 8.1. This won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove any apps that you installed after the upgrade to Windows 10.Learn more.

• If it’s been more than a month, this option won’t be available in Settings and you’ll need to use a different recovery option.

dustypink

dustypink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

I cant remember downloading windows 10

When I am on my laptop lets say I click on the Daily Mail website it takes ages to come up and at the top it says website not responding although it is. Pages on Facebook take ages etc

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Security or browser issue are both possible culprits.

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here,  this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

dustypink

dustypink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

I have removed windows 10 seems a bit better but something is stil not right

dustypink

dustypink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

sorry is this ok

Edited by phillpower2, 03 June 2016 - 06:32 AM.
Windows product key removed for security.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

A link to your Speccy log would have been better for us + it does not show any of your product keys which is safer for yourself.

All that I can see in your results is that your HDD at 46 °C is a bit hot and that you have Avast AV installed, are you aware that Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 have an updated version of Windows Defender that offers the same real time protection as Microsoft Security Essentials, you do not need third party AV protection and by not installing any you are reducing the possibility of potential conflicts and freeing up resources on your computer, information courtesy of admin here

Can we have a screenshot of your HDD status/health, use CrystalDiskMark (free) which you can download from here

To capture and post a screenshot;

Click on the ALT key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start...all programs...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may be to big to upload... Click on the More Reply Options tab then after typing in any response you have... click on Choose File...desktop...find the screenshot..select it and click on Attach This File...on the lower left...after it says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would.

Screenshot instructions are provided to assist those that may read this topic but are not yet aware of the “how to”.

Advertisements

dustypink

dustypink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

what is the screen shot suppose to look like I downloaded but there is nothing there for me to screen shot

do you want me to get rid of Avast  AV I have has that on my lap top since I bought it. Is the speccy log not enough? If you tell me how I can put it on here better for you I will but the link I sent was the only way I could do it

Thanks

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

When you run CrystalDisk, click on the File tab and you should get a report like the example attached, you may get all of the info in one but may have to scroll down and take a second screenshot.

Try uninstalling Avast, allow Windows Defender to scan/update your computer and then test.

No need to worry about Speccy for now as we have the required info.

You are welcome btw  :)

dustypink

dustypink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

the cystal thing is not happening I am downloading it and not getting anything I have removed avast

Jasy_J

Jasy_J

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

oh, it's so buggy

dustypink

dustypink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

what does that mean