Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Chromebook inquiiry

• Please log in to reply

blacky07

blacky07

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

I recently bought a chromebook... I wanted the best bang for my buck because I'm a student and don't need something crazy...yet. So I found the Lenovo N21 Chromebook with 4GB of Ram and an Intel Celeron N2840 / 2.16 GHz processor for $219.00 CAD. However, in using it I find it takes some web pages a bit long to load or when I am typing on google docs, it lags behind quite a bit. Is there a reason for this or is the processor just not as good as it could be? I'm still within my exchange period so I'm wondering if I should go for a different model like an ASUS c201 which has a lower processing speed but is octa-core instead of dual core. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Advertisements

Randy S Mitchell

Randy S Mitchell

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Similar situation - Chromebook 13 ACER CB5-311 - Quad Core 4 GB Ram - ACN router usually showing a download of over 35 - yet Google Mail shows 'loading basic HTML (due to slow connection) - plus all the other 'slowness' symptoms he is reporting.

What is causing this slowness?