Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Memory Management (Resolved).

DDR3 BSoD Blue Screen Memory Management Memory RAM 0x0000001A Screen of death

Best Answer phillpower2 , 02 June 2016 - 05:50 AM

gmoneyxp, I'm curious if someone knows the answer before I go through the grueling hours of windows memory diagnostic stick by stick.   Testing the RAM is the corre... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

gmoneyxp

gmoneyxp

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I know that all BSoD's are different, so this is why I'm starting a new post. I am getting a stop error that contains the following:

0x0000001A (0x0000000000041790, 0xFFFFFA8003871E30, 0x000000000000FFFF, 0x0000000000000000).

I know the error code is about memory management, but I can't tell if it is RAM, Hard Drive, both, or what. I am currently running memory diagnostics on each individual sick, but I'm curious if someone knows the answer before I go through the grueling hours of windows memory diagnostic stick by stick.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts
✓  Best Answer

:welcome:   gmoneyxp,

I'm curious if someone knows the answer before I go through the grueling hours of windows memory diagnostic stick by stick. 

Testing the RAM is the correct procedure but would it be possible for you to upload any crash dmps that you may have, out of date drivers or a bad update are just two possible software causes, it does not have to be hardware related even though memory management is mentioned.

1. Copy any dmp files from C:\Windows\Minidump onto the desktop.
2. Select all of them, right-click on one, and click on Send To> New Compressed (zipped) Folder.
3. Upload the zip folder using the Attach button, bottom left of the dialogue input box 

gmoneyxp

gmoneyxp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I'm looking at the dump folder, but I don't have any files that have yesterday's date when it crashed.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts

That`s odd  :headscratch:

What is the most recent date for any crash dmps.

How has the RAM test gone.

gmoneyxp

gmoneyxp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
The most recent modified file is 1/7/2016. I tested one stick for 12 hours 60 passes, and no luck, now I'm running windows on just the one to see if it will fail or not.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts

RAM info acknowledged  :thumbsup:

Can you check that crash dmps are enabled on your computer, steps below courtesy of Resplendence Software;

To configure your system to write out crash dumps in case of a system error, take the following steps: 
Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties. Click the Advanced tab, and then under Startup and Recovery, click Settings (or Startup and Recovery). For best results, under write debugging information select full memory dump. Your system however must meet several conditions for this option to work. Alternatively you can select small memory dump to have your system write out crash dump files that are significantly smaller. 

gmoneyxp

gmoneyxp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
They were enabled. I changed them from kernal to small (only option)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts

All we can do atm is wait on the memory test, see if the computer crashes and whether or not it produces a crash dmp.

gmoneyxp

gmoneyxp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

So I went through the tests, and (of course) the LAST one came up with errors. Thanks for all the help!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts

You are welcome and thanks for the follow up gmoneyxp  :thumbsup: