Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 10 installation

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

Janis

Janis

• PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

I downloaded WIN 10 per the upgrade prompts.   It has set at 99 percent for five hours and doesn't  see, to be progressing.  Should I cancel and start over or give up on10?   Upgrading from win 7

Advertisements

Janis

Janis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Neither of those options work.  Any suggestions before I give up and stick with WIN7  would be appreciated. 

Janis

Janis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

I used the suggested Creation source.  It stops at 99 percent. ???   I had to recently put in a new hard drive  using the Dell back up disk.  The install did not ask for my key.  Would this keep Windows 10 from installing correctly?

Janis

Janis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

I realized last night that my problems were not due to WIN 10  just Windows period.    I checked first, and no problem on activation.  However since re installing Win 7 the laptop will not update period.   It says no checks done for updates despite leaving the laptop on all night.   It takes almost as long on the desktop to get down loads but I never have been able to fix that although eventually it would find and download.   Not so on the laptop  Have no idea where to go from here.