Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Upgrade my SSD from 256 to 512

• Please log in to reply

WilliamP

WilliamP

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

I have a home built computer. It has an Intel I7-2700K overclocked to 4.6 gh. It has Win. 7 64 bit. OS. I have 3 drives installed. C drive is the 256 gb SSD . I have a Photo Storage drive and a Back Up Drive. I plan to replace the C drive with a Samsung 850 Pro . The 850 Pro came with a migration disk. When I get that done I plan to replace the Photo Storage disk with a larger one. It is a regular hard drive.The questions I have is should I remove the Photo Storage and the Back up drive while migrating the data from the C drive to the 850 Pro?

Advertisements

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

i would just to make sure you don't migrate the data to the wrong drive by mistake and chance loosing any data but there is no real need to disconnect them.

:popcorn:

WilliamP

WilliamP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
Thank you. Is there a step by step tutorial for this? It is my wife's computer and I already killed it one time.

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

depends what software your going to use to clone the drive across. ( no idea what's on your disk that came with the drive.)

but here's macrium reflects tutorial :- http://knowledgebase.../Cloning a disk

and here's where you can get the free version :- http://www.macrium.c...eflectfree.aspx

:popcorn:

Edited by terry1966, 06 June 2016 - 07:09 AM.