Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Random Network Disconnection

• Please log in to reply

gmoneyxp

gmoneyxp

• Pip
  • 9 posts

So I've been having this problem for a while now, and have finally come to the point where I've had enough.

My computer will not stay connected to the internet. I have been using wireless network adapters, and it will connect to my network, but it will randomly disconnect from the internet. The thing is, it is still connected to the network, but will say that there is no internet on the connection. I try to disconnect via software and reconnect, but it says it cannot connect to the network. My only solution is to remove the device or restart the computer. The period in between varies, and it seems to disconnect more frequently when I use more bandwidth. It can go anywhere from 10 minutes in between to 3 hours. I am currently using a Netgear WN111V2 RangeMax, and the only way it will even connect to the networks is if I use Netgear smart wizard and create a virtual profile. Any ideas on how to stop this?

P.S. The only way I can use a wired connection is to move it to the other end of the house or use the power line adapter that is already in use for my consoles.

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 17,336 posts
  • MVP

What router are you using?   I had one provided by AT&T U-verse that did the same thing.  Part of the problem was that everybody in my complex had the same router and the stupid things all used the same channel.  I logged on to it and change it from Auto Channel Select to Manual then assigned it to an empty channel.  (Netgear Genie will tell you what else is on your auto selected channel and  which channels are free).  I've also found that changing the encryption mode can help.  Some adapters don't do well with the latest encryption.  Also some baby monitors and cordless phones will cause problems.

gmoneyxp

gmoneyxp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Well I've looked at the settings and everything is fine. It's just this computer that has the issue. When the Internet goes out on the computer, the other devices stay connected

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 17,336 posts
  • MVP

1. Please download the Event Viewer Tool by Vino Rosso
and save it to your Desktop:
2. Right-click VEW.exe and Run AS Administrator
3. Under 'Select log to query', select:

* System
4. Under 'Select type to list', select:
* Error
* Warning

Then use the 'Number of events' as follows:

1. Click the radio button for 'Number of events'
Type 20 in the 1 to 20 box
Then click the Run button.
Notepad will open with the output log.

Please post the Output log in your next reply then repeat but select Application.  (Each time you run VEW it overwrites the log so copy the first one to a Reply or rename it before running it a second time.)

gmoneyxp

gmoneyxp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Will do!

EDIT: Should this be done when the problem comes up? Or just do it anytime?

Edited by gmoneyxp, 06 June 2016 - 09:31 PM.