Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

why has my Windows 10 startup changed (Resolved).

- - - - -

Best Answer vicart , 12 June 2016 - 11:04 PM

O.K!!   Did the reset, then the "netplwiz" routine and all is fine.   Again, thanks for the help. Art Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

vicart

vicart

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Hi All,

A few days ago my PC startup routine suddenly changed.   Normally I power up, the PC goes through it's boot routine and my desktop activates.   Now, A picture appears, asks me do I like what i see ( I don't)  and I then have to click out of that and put in my password before I can proceed.

Along with this change the PC now shuts down if idle for 30 minutes or so.

I have tried to go back via System Restore only to find I no longer have any restore points.   They have just disappeared.

I have also juggled with the power options to see if I can fix the powering down problem but can't change it.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what has happened.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Art

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

:welcome:   vicart,

Perhaps the result of recent updates, check the installed updates date to see if any correspond with when this first happened, for "how to" see here

For the log in problem, follow the netplwiz guide here

Once done let us know if the 30 minute shut down issue is still present.

vicart

vicart

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Many thanks for your suggestions.   Unfortunately I still didn't get a result so am in the process of a complete system reset.   Fingers crossed!!

Regards

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

Aye fingers crossed for you  :thumbsup:

You are welcome btw  :)

vicart

vicart

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
✓  Best Answer

O.K!!   Did the reset, then the "netplwiz" routine and all is fine.   Again, thanks for the help.

Art

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

You are welcome Art and thank you for letting us know that all is now well  :thumbsup: