Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connecting a remote printer

• Please log in to reply

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

My Hp deskjet 2540 printer is connected wirelessly through my router to my Win 10 desktop pc. The printer was working fine until yesterday when I replaced my router with an upgraded model. The new router has a different password from the old one. The new router is working well and it fully supports a remote iPad working off it. But the printer does not work any longer.

Can someone please tell me how I change the settings on the printer so that it connects with the new router --- how do I tell the printer the new router password?

Thanks.   ... batpark

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

The manual says:

Change network settings
This method is available if you have already installed the printer software.
NOTE: This method requires a USB cable. Do not connect the USB cable until prompted to do so.
1. Depending on your operating system, do one of the following:
● Windows 8: On the Start screen, right-click an empty area on the screen, click All Apps on
the app bar.
● Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP: From the computer desktop, click Start,
select All Programs, click HP, click HP Deskjet 2540 series.
2. Click Printer Setup & Software.
3. Select Reconfigure Wireless Settings. Follow the on-screen instructions