Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Looking for nice developers to make a internet anonymity software

internet anonymity developers Looking software tor safety security

• Please log in to reply

skophiz

skophiz

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some nice developers to invent and build a new solution to anonymize your internet traffic !

Like Tor but more safe, the application will firstly be able to access HTTP/HTTPS websites without been recognized or identified. This is a huge project but very interesting. If anyone knows a little about HTTP connections or any internet security subject, please join me to reach this incredible objective !

We will need developers but firstly great minds ! Anyone who knows a little about cryptography is welcome too !

And if you don't want to be involved into this project but you have ideas or comments, please make me know !

Thanks a lot and I hope you will join me ;) !

Edited by skophiz, 09 June 2016 - 01:45 PM.

Advertisements

rainyXP

rainyXP

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

What about using a VPN? For like $30 / year there are lots of things that achieve the same thing and anonymize traffic, depending on provider of course. No offense but it sounds like you're trying to reinvent the wheel.

skophiz

skophiz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

What about using a VPN? For like $30 / year there are lots of things that achieve the same thing and anonymize traffic, depending on provider of course. No offense but it sounds like you're trying to reinvent the wheel.

Yeah, I know a little about internet security and I know of course what is a VPN and what it can do for you but I was thinking about something more like TOR. An open-source software that is able to anonymize you based on cryptographics. Using a VPN makes you depend on the quality of the servers you use and if they want to give to other people what you do, they can (unless you use HTTPS). I don't want to create any "VPN" solution but a new system.

But thanks for your comment ! ;)

PS : Do you know how TOR works ? :)

Edited by skophiz, 10 June 2016 - 10:14 AM.

rainyXP

rainyXP

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

I'm not too familiar with cryptographics but surely IP addresses are still identifiable. It sounds as if you want something very similar to TOR only with fast servers but still keeping the privacy options the browser provides outside of redirecting your traffic (e.g. Webrtc blocked by default and other things that prevent websites from fingerprinting you).

Using a VPN makes you depend on the quality of the servers you use and if they want to give to other people what you do, they can (unless you use HTTPS). I don't want to create any "VPN" solution but a new system.

Have you checked the speeds of TOR recently? & Many VPN providers have strong policies with regard to logging - any decent one won't log what you visit and therefore can't give other people info on what sites you visit. Please note that even with HTTPS the web addresses could still be viewed if you're with a provider that logs.

Best of luck with your project!

Angoid

Angoid

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 233 posts
Without repeating what's already been said, this is a huge undertaking and even once you've developed it, it'll take time to build up the reputation that TOR has.

Would it not be better to develop against such an already-established project, and seek to improve a tool that many others are already using?