I'm hoping some savvy geeks on this forum can point me in the right direction.
I'm looking to buy a new computer. Here are some general parameters:
- Needs to be able to run a Windows OS.
- Needs enough power to be able to run Visual Studio and SQL Server for personal experimental use.
- I'm not planning on installing any high-powered video games, so if I can save money by eschewing fancy graphics cards, all the better.
- I have no interest in the laptop doubling as a tablet.
- I have no interest in touch-screen capabilities.
- Preferably durable and long-lasting.
- Preferably less than $1,000.
Any suggestions that might fit the bill?