Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

shlwapi.dll not found

• Please log in to reply

jgaddis

jgaddis

• Pip
  • 1 posts
after getting the ms updates for windows me, my computer gives the error that explorer.exe could not start and that i would have to reinstall windows--when i click ok, another error says that shlwapi.dll could not be found. i've tried putting the start up floppy in and trying to copy shlwapi.dll to c:windows\system, but no matter what directory i try to extract from, it says the .dll file wasn't found there. other responses to similar problems said to find the .cab files...but how? what would be my next step here? and is there any way i can just buy xp and put it on there despite the errors and the inability to even access windows?? someone also said this could be from a virus where it could have renamed my shlwapi file and that's why i can't find it--anyone agree? i need helllllllp. =)

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can get the file here

http://www.dll-files...s.shtml?shlwapi