Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows media player problem.

• Please log in to reply

Prolatrevol

Prolatrevol

• Pip
  • 7 posts
When ever i try to run any sort of video file on windows media player it freezes. or if i try to watch a video on IE or Firefox it atomatically uses windows media player and it freezes i have windows media player 10 but this used to happen to me on windows media player 9. it runs audio files fine. i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. i have been using other players for video but when i try to view files on IE i can't cause it automatically uses windows media player.

Advertisements

Guest_crapwheresmycrowbar_*

Try uninstalling Windows Media player for good...just use Real/Quicktime. It's not a very good player anyway.

Prolatrevol

Prolatrevol

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
but then i can't view the video file on the IE and i tried uninstalling it and it still runs it as if its still install and i look on the folder and all the files are still there.

Just use firefox...or does it do it on Firefox too?

Prolatrevol

Prolatrevol

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
it does it too

Prolatrevol

Prolatrevol

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
i can't even uninstall it fully to reinstall it

mohsin

mohsin

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
get the latest media player or install codecs

Prolatrevol

Prolatrevol

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
i have the latest and i already tried installing codecs

Prolatrevol

Prolatrevol

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Will some one please help?

mohsin

mohsin

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
kz .. just simply tell what it says when you run it after again installing .. does it not playing any video file or hangs or what else ..

thnx ..

Prolatrevol

Prolatrevol

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
it says the exact same thing as it did before the install it freezes and brings up that whole send report thing and i sent a report but i don't think they reply to that. it freezes before it starts playing the file. i don't think it actually uninstalls because when i uninstall the files are still in the folder and when i re install it still has the same settings that it had before.