Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

good video card messin up ... why?

• Please log in to reply

softbutsquishy

softbutsquishy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
ok guys i have a 9800 xt saphire video card, and i cant seem to get it to work right.
when i play games that arnt even that much in the graphic area i will randomly stop and say you had a vitual faliur and it did a its own restart thingy, but after two or three times it just stays at a blank screen, and wont go out unless i hit alt f4 and restart the comp.
i previously had omega drivers for it but i thought that might be causing the problem so i switched back to my regular drivers that came with the card itself, i uninstalled them by using device manager and then reinstalled the new ones.

plz if any one has any ideas plz help

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. Try cleaning the previous driver installation and starting fresh. First, go to http://www.drivercleaner.net/ and get Driver Cleaner (it is free). You said you already have the current driver, great. Now go to add/remove programs and remove the current driver. Then boot into safe mode and run Driver Cleaner TWICE, each time deleting all that it finds. Then re-boot and install the current driver.

softbutsquishy

softbutsquishy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hey thx man your awsome
that really helped me out alot