Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Issues with audio jacks

• Please log in to reply

Ben04

Ben04

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

I have 2 audio jacks at the front of my computer, 1 for headphones and another for a mic when i plug the headphones one in i can hear a small 'fuzzing' noise and no understandable audio will come through if i swap them around then no noise will come through my mic. So i decided to try the back 3 audio jacks a red,green and blue one they all work fine with my headphones but only one even has the option for microphone when i plug it in (the red one) and my mic is then very quiet and needs at least 10 on the mic boost (with 100 volume) for my friends to hear me, but that mic boost causes a static-like noise to come through my headphones and makes it very difficult for my friends to understand me. I'm stuck someone please help me :'(

Advertisements

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Hi Ben04

Can you post what make and model is your PC?

Also what operating system you are running?

What program are you using to chat with?

is there a volume control on the headphones? Do the headphones have one connector or two?

And any other information about it that may help.

The audio jacks in the back red - mic. blue -line . green - headphone/speakers

The audio jack in front may be needed to be adjusted on the sound driver.