Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Strange happenings

• Please log in to reply

cru105s

cru105s

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I have been having problems for a while, First off DVD playback video would not show just flashes of interferance & sound. Then TV tuner now does not show pictures only sound. But the Bad problem now is that if you Reboot coloured lines appear on the System check page as well as letters being different colours! When it gets to the Windows XP (sp2) page Blue vertical lines apear as well from top to bottom. After that you get 2 wide white vertical Stripes & 2 wide black vertical stripes. Then the monitor turns off, System still running. If you try to reboot again same problem! But if you allow the computer to cool for 30min or more then it is OK.
I've run all the normal System maintainence programs & Spyware programs.
What could be my Problem? HELP!

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Has the monitor got a reset button, the lines when you first start is usually out of range when the resolution is set to high

cru105s

cru105s

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
No it does'nt, refresh rate is 85htz CRT Monitor.