Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Playing any games result in varying blue screens (Resolved).

Best Answer MarcianoG , 15 August 2016 - 03:26 AM

Hello again, I have finally found it. I asked a repair company to come and help me, they saw what was the problem and they gave me a different RAM stick.Upon which my computer has been blue an... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

MarcianoG

MarcianoG

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Everything has been done the desktop is currently running lucid puppy. When something changes or nothing I will post or edit this comment. On windows it would freeze within 30 minutes. I will let puppy OS run as long as I can! I am assuming there isn't really an estimated time it should run without freezing

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Just put the computer under as much load as you can for as long as you can to see what if anything happens  :thumbsup:

MarcianoG

MarcianoG

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
I have let it run from about 1 o'clock not sure how I can put load on the system in puppy OS unfortunately but windows will freeze even if it isn't doing anything.

Not sure what I would conclude from this.
What if puppy OS doesn't crash at all. Pointing at faulty windows what then?

Other side what if puppy OS also freezes what then?

Edit:
I quit puppy OS and started windows. I have been playing csgo since about 6 o'clock and it hasn't frozen or bsod. Don't know how this suddenly can happen

Edited by MarcianoG, 01 August 2016 - 11:51 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Edit:
I quit puppy OS and started windows. I have been playing csgo since about 6 o'clock and it hasn't frozen or bsod. Don't know how this suddenly can happen 

Computers can be fickle so we will have to wait and see, perhaps Windows detected the presence of a new OS and decided to behave itself  :)

MarcianoG

MarcianoG

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Haha it feels threatened so it behaves :P.
Well it behaved properly the whole day of the first of august but on the second of august it was freezing and even black screened and resisted rebooting.
It seems that if the pc has not been used for a while. It will run properly and as long as it stays on. However as soon as it shuts down and is restarted it acts up.
My guess is that because of a full power drain it works properly but when the circuits are still getting power when the second boot comes on it [bleep]s up? Could that be an explanation if yes what is happening? RAM maybe not properly cleared?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Using Puppy for longer would have been better and including connecting to the internet, reason being is that I suspect this is a Windows problem and possible related to hibernation or sleep, if opening lots of tabs while in Puppy, playing music etc does not cause the same behaviour it would support my suspicions about Windows, other than that I can only suggest a clean install of Windows 10 to see if that resolves the issue, always a last resort but unfortunately brand name computers do not seem to play nicely with upgrading to Windows 10 and especially if there are no Windows 10 specific drivers available for the hardware.

MarcianoG

MarcianoG

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
I understand. I apologise again for letting so much time pass before attempting your suggestions. I will stress puppy OS to try and recreate the problems. If nothing happens over a longer period of time I will report back and see what the best way of the clean install is.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

No worries  :thumbsup:

MarcianoG

MarcianoG

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
✓  Best Answer

Hello again,

I have finally found it. I asked a repair company to come and help me, they saw what was the problem and they gave me a different RAM stick.

Upon which my computer has been blue and black screen free since this different RAM was inserted.

Also feeling pretty stupid that it could be localised by having extra RAM for testing lying around.

I am pretty sure that the problems have gone away I have had no other problems since then.

I want to thank you phillpower2 for helping me throughout this whole process and also learning me some things which will be very useful in the future Thanks!

Kind regards,

MarcianoG

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Hello MarcianoG,

While not ideal you at least appear to have now resolved the issue, strange that the bad RAM passed testing when put under load previously  :headscratch:

You are welcome btw and thank you for letting us know that all is now well  :thumbsup:

Advertisements