Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 10 Memory Problems Running Edge (Resolved).

- - - - -

Best Answer phillpower2 , 30 July 2016 - 01:59 AM

Hello flowerchild552008, Never particularly liked Edge from the outset so disabled it and instead use Chrome and without issue, unfortunately this did not work for yourself when you tried it s... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

flowerchild552008

flowerchild552008

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

I'm back!  RKinner isn't able to look into the Windows 10 problems but I did find something interesting at the Microsoft Community forums.  Remember how I said that the problem gets worse when there were ads and graphics?  Do you think it could be Flash Player?  Look at this and let me know what you think.  Even though they did not resolve the problem it sounds to me like the person with the issue might be on the right track. 

http://answers.micro...695a46be?auth=1

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
✓  Best Answer

Hello flowerchild552008,

Never particularly liked Edge from the outset so disabled it and instead use Chrome and without issue, unfortunately this did not work for yourself when you tried it so an alternative option is required, trying Microsofts own Silverlight is what I would suggest, it does have restrictions and will only work correctly with IE and Firefox, steps below if you wish to try Silverlight.

Disable Adobe Flash Player, the steps here are for enabling FP but use them for disabling it please.

Download Silverlight from Microsoft here 

flowerchild552008

flowerchild552008

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Yesterday and today have been rather full and I haven't had the opportunity to do much with the computer.  It will be tomorrow evening before I will have the time to spend on it. 

Do you think adding more memory would help or would the problem expand to that as well? 

I'll let you know how the Silverlight comes out.

Thanks!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

No problem and thanks for taking time out to update us  :thumbsup:

Too soon to say whether or not more RAM would change things and will need to wait on seeing how Silverlight goes, more RAM is always good when you have a 64-bit OS.

flowerchild552008

flowerchild552008

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Sorry, no pc work tonight, bad storms.  Will try tomorrow.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

:thumbsup:

flowerchild552008

flowerchild552008

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Finally I have been able to spend some time on this however I don't think that it worked as planned.  I turned off Flash Player, switched to IE instead of Edge and downloaded Silverlight.  Things seem a little better.  Here is a screen shot with a few things running.  Memory and CPU usage is up but not as slow and no blue swirling cursor.

Task Mgr 8616.jpg

Edited by flowerchild552008, 06 August 2016 - 08:15 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Glad to hear that things have improved somewhat  :thumbsup:

Can you run Process Explorer again, click twice on the CPU column header to arrange things by CPU usage, grab a screenshot and attach it to your next reply for us please.

NB: I note the edit and suspect that you worked out the answers to the questions that were included in my email notification.

flowerchild552008

flowerchild552008

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Your are right. I downloaded Silverlight again and it made a big difference.

Here is the Process Explorer:

Process Explorer 8816.jpg

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Looks all good to me, are you now happy with the computers performance.

Advertisements

flowerchild552008

flowerchild552008

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
It is much, much better! Many thanks to you for the time and effort in assisting me with this dilemma. I am very appreciative.

Thanks again.

Deb

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Glad to hear it and thank you for letting us know that the issue was now resolved  :thumbsup:

You are welcome btw  :)