Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

new hard drive Seagate SSHD 1tb gaming

internal beep

• Please log in to reply

DonCrick

DonCrick

• Pip
  • 4 posts

I started getting an internal beep from my hp laptop. So I ordered a new hard drive installed it and put windows 8 upgraded to 8.1 then tried to go to windows 10 and now I get an internal beep any fixes or suggestions I usually can help people with computer issues so this has got me scratching my head. 

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

Model of laptop?

How old is it?

How many beeps are you hearing?

Do you still get the same number of beeps if you remove the hard drive?

DonCrick

DonCrick

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Model of laptop?

How old is it?

How many beeps are you hearing?

Do you still get the same number of beeps if you remove the hard drive?

Hp DV 7 Note Book   about 6 years old, it is a constant steady beep at start up.. tried a hard reset by taking the battery out and holding the power button down for 15 seconds, also made sure the memory was seated properly, cleaned out the vents around the fan area, has been booting fine for now.. ty for the reply..

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

Continuous beeping is supposed to be a RAM problem.  If you have more than one stick of RAM, remove  one and see if it stops.  Then try the other one.

DonCrick

DonCrick

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Reinstalling the RAM has seemed to fix the problem  :D