Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless keybord & mouse problem (Resolved).

Best Answer Aedman , 05 July 2016 - 07:11 AM

phillpower2: thank you, so very much. It has 8.1. I saw your reply and tried the system restore. It worked! Thank you for folks, like you, helping us slightly less tech savvy ones. Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Aedman

Aedman

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I was trying to move an Acer all-in-one when I accidently touched the on/off button in the back. When I switched back on, my wireless mouse was frozen. I grabbed an old plug-in mouse. Then the wireless keyboard would not work. The Acer manuals are of no help. I guess that the solution is simple, but have not yet found help on Google. Everything appears geared toward batteries, etc. TIA

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts

:welcome:   Aedman,

Not sure what OS you are running so cannot provide the exact steps but have you tried a system restore point that is before the mishap, Windows 7 example below;

From the Start menu, type: Restore in the Search programs and files dialog box.
From the list of results, click System Restore.
In the System Restore window, click Next.
From the list of restore points, select the Date and Time you wish to restore from. Click Next and then click Finish.

Aedman

Aedman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
✓  Best Answer

phillpower2: thank you, so very much. It has 8.1. I saw your reply and tried the system restore. It worked! Thank you for folks, like you, helping us slightly less tech savvy ones. :spoton: :spoton: :spoton:

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts

Glad we were able to help, thank you for letting us know that the issue was resolved and for your kind words  :)

You are welcome btw  :thumbsup: