Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Data Recovery Tools To Find Lost Data: Review

• Please log in to reply

EmishOrc

EmishOrc

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

There's that time where your hard drive crashes and all of your data is lost, assuming you didn't back up your data you would actually think that your precious files are lost forever. That's where Data Recovery Programs come in handy.

For this guide I will be covering the Top 5 Data Recovery Programs. Depending on the severity of the Hard Drive you may not be able to recover all of your data. Keep in mind that not all Data Recovery Programs are able to sniff out your lost data.

1: EaseUS Data Recovery 

While testing out this program on my 320GB Hard Drive it actually found a lot of files. This program is user friendly, easy to use, however it lacks potential, it found roughly half the files that I was looking for and on top of that it wouldn't let me open them. It was a letdown for me in this case. I wouldn't recommend it, but at least it found a few things. Including some of my music :)

2: Recuva & Recuva Professional

This was way back last year when my grandfather asked me if I do Data Recovery I said yes. So I tried Recuva and I never regretted it. It was so easy to use and just tweaking the settings gives you more indepth of such a great tool. It found %75 of my files in a few hours. You can even do USBs as well and it will do its job. This will make a bang for your buck if you want to buy the Professional Version, but the free version is just great.

3: Disk Drill

If there could be a better tool than Recuva? Yes it's called Disk Drill. Testing this on my 320GB FuJitsu Hard Drive gave me outstanding results, however it doesn't let you see exact file names which is a pity, but all in all it's a good tool. It even let's you preview photos which is great in my opinion. I would highly recommend this to a few of my colleagues since they're in a bit of a pickle.

4: Data Rescue PC3

I must say that my 320GB HDD is nearing the end of its life it's 10yrs old actually so it lasted long enough, thanks to this tool it managed to find 1 bad sector and to confirm it AOMEI detected it as well. However given the option to skip and keep scanning the program immediately froze prompting me to restart my laptop. I didn't get the chance to see its full potential... Oh Well...

5: Minitool Power Data Recovery

In my opinion this tool is pretty average overall, fast reaction time and friendly interface. It found most of my files like a piece of cake and I would possibly not entirely recommend this to everyone, but possibly better than asking for a quote from Data Recovery Centres.

Conclusion:

If your Hard Drive starts to fail, please make sure to backup all of your data to an External Hard Drive to lessen the chances of losing all of your data. This way you can easily tranfer all of your files back to your new internal hard drive.

-EmishOrc

Advertisements