Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Policy service client (Resolved).

- - - - -

Best Answer phillpower2 , 15 July 2016 - 01:23 AM

Apologies for the delay getting back to you, other commitments are taking up my time at the moment.  Please try a Windows 10 refresh, steps courtesy of Brink here It could be la... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

L1nd@

L1nd@

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

I Upgraded to Windows 10 last year. Yesterday I got a popup when I turned the laptop on to ask me to update (This is usually done automatically) I did has the pop up box said but now I am having probs when I turn on comp I get a popup saying something like Policy client service cannot load, It comes and gos so quickly I cannot catch the full message., I am then unable to open icons on my desktop including google but I can use IE any solutions??? Thankyou

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

:welcome:   L1nd@,

Download then run the Windows All in One Repair (free)  from here, disregard the malware guidance but follow the other steps to the letter and in particular ensuring that you first create a new restore point and perform a proper Windows clean boot before running the repair, details for the clean boot here.

L1nd@

L1nd@

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Thankyou for your answer I did has you suggested but although it says it is free it then asks you for payment once it has scanned your pc :(

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

There is a free version and a Pro version, just run the free version and it never asked me for any payment, see attachment below;

L1nd@

L1nd@

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Could you possibly send me a link has the last link I definitely pressed the free version but it asked for payment at the end of the scan or a key, have I downloaded the right thing I am wondering  

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

Uninstall the present version of the AIO tool then from the same site download the portable version to a USB thumb drive and try that please.

L1nd@

L1nd@

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Reimage is what I downloaded I think I have downloaded the wrong thing sorry I need directions

L1nd@

L1nd@

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Ok I have deleted reimage and downloaded the correct AIO I now have another problem it asks me to open the laptop in safe mode which I press yes to, when my laptop try's to open in safe mode it says my password is invalid?? I can open windows with my password just not in safe mode?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

Temporarily disable your password, "how to" here

L1nd@

L1nd@

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

No that hasn't worked I have followed the instructions 3 times now and I am still having to sign in sorry :(

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts
✓  Best Answer
Apologies for the delay getting back to you, other commitments are taking up my time at the moment. 

Please try a Windows 10 refresh, steps courtesy of Brink here

It could be later on today or tomorrow before I can get back to you I`m afraid 

L1nd@

L1nd@

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

No problem re the delay, you dont need to apologise, I understand your time  is kindly given freely, and I am grateful of your help I will carry out your last instructions and post back shortly Thank you

L1nd@

L1nd@

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

I am not confident in doing the windows 10 refresh is this the only way to get around my problem

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

Thank you for being so understanding, it is appreciated  :thumbsup:

The truth is that a refresh may not even resolve the issue but it is the next best thing to a clean installation of Windows 10 + it does not affect your personal data, you may need to reinstall some apps but that is easy as a file of any apps that need to be reinstalled is created for you, see mine attached that was created when I had to do a refresh.

Is this a brand name computer such as Dell or HP etc, reason that I ask is that many people with brand name computers have had problems after upgrading to Windows 10 and the only two ways to put things right was either reverting back to the previous OS or doing a clean install of Windows 10.

L1nd@

L1nd@

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Its a Lenovo windows 10 has worked fine up until I got the popup other day to upgrade I dont understand why it is ok with IE but Google chrome maybe it is Google chrome I need to update ? I am away now till Sunday will try take google chrome off and reinstate that see what happens I will let you know Once again Thankyou