Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot Uninstall MyWinlocker (Resolved).

MyWinlocker egis technology uninstall error code 1628

Best Answer phillpower2 , 10 July 2016 - 01:34 PM

Hello jeremygex, You could try deleting or disabling it in AutoRuns, see canned text below; Post an Autoruns log for us, see here   1: Extract the Autoruns Zip file co... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

jeremygex

jeremygex

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Acer Aspire 5741 laptop
Intel Core i3 CPU M330 @ 2.13GHz
Installed Memory: 3GB

System Type: 64-bit Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1

Hi

Since the last Windows 7 update, I've had problems copying and pasting files in Windows Explorer. From looking at various forums, there seems to be a conflict with the last Windows update and MyWinlocker made by Egis Technology Inc.

MyWinlocker was bundled with my Acer laptop and I've never needed to use it, so I tried to uninstall the program. During uninstallation I was asked to stop 2 processes (egisupdate.exe and mwlDaemon.exe), but in the next stage of the uninstall process I got the message "Error code 1628: Failed to complete installation." I rebooted Windows 7 in Safe Mode (F8) and tried to uninstall MyWinlocker, but I got the same "Error code 1628" again.

I've tried to uninstall MyWinlocker using both Advanced Uninstaller Pro 12 and CCleaner, but still get the "Error code 1628".

I still have problems with moving files on my Windows 7 system, so can anyone suggest a way to get rid of this program?

Thanks for reading

Jeremy

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
✓  Best Answer

Hello jeremygex,

You could try deleting or disabling it in AutoRuns, see canned text below;

Post an Autoruns log for us, see here  

1: Extract the Autoruns Zip file contents to a folder.

2: Double-click the "Autoruns.exe".

3: Click on the "Hide Signed Microsoft and Windows Entries” option.

4: Go to File then to Export As or Save in some versions.

5: Save AutoRuns.txt file to known location like your Desktop > when you click on File > Save you will then get the option to Save as type, click the drop down tab, change it to Text and then click the Save button.

6: Attach to your next reply.

Tutorial here

jeremygex

jeremygex

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Thank you very much for replying, phillpower2. I've attached my autoruns.txt with this reply.Attached File  My_Autoruns.txt   60.28KB   413 downloads

Edited by jeremygex, 21 July 2016 - 04:14 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

As long as you are 100% certain that you do not use the said software, please see the To Disable or Delete? section at the link here for how to delete the entries.

You are welcome btw  :)

jeremygex

jeremygex

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Thank you very much, Phillpower2. I disabled the MyWinlocker program using the Autoruns program and have not had any issues with copy, cut and paste, so far.

I really appreciate your advice and the Autoruns software is great.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Great news jeremygex and thank you for letting us know that all was well  :thumbsup:

You are welcome btw  :)