Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error code 43 on my GPU (Resolved).

nvidia code 43 geforce 740m asus gpu

Best Answer vitaum88 , 11 July 2016 - 02:55 PM

Well, I was very skeptic about upgrading my BIOS. The latest bios (212) on ASUS website that was said to be working for windows 10 was developed on 2014.... Before windows 10 launch haha... So I wa... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

vitaum88

vitaum88

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Hello everybody

First of all, my laptop is the Asus VivoBook S551LB-CJ025H - specs on this link:

http://www.notebookc...H.102161.0.html

I updated it to Windows 10 on July, 2015, and I'm pretty sure the update has at least *something* to do with my issue. 

I play a few games in it and back in October I started to have a sudden FPS drop. After evaluating the problem, I noticed there was a exclamation mark ( ! ) next to my video card - NVIDIA 740m. My system was using the onboard GPU Intel HD Graphics (or something like that), thus the low FPS. The dedicated GPU status contained the following error:

"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

After a few trials with "solutions" I found on the internet, installing, uninstalling, replacing drivers, restarting, DDU removal tool, disabling Windows Update, etc, etc, suddenly my video card was OK and my FPS was back to normal on my games. Please note I have no clue what the exact solution was. It got fixed after dozens of system restores, rebooting, etc, so I'm really not sure what step I did that fixed it.

The problem is that lately I've experienced the same FPS drop, and when I tried to troubleshoot I noticed the very same error as before. 

The thing is: last time I had the feeling there was a problem with Windows 10, ASUS and the current driver version. I *believe* I fixed it with an older driver, but I've tried it again this time and it didn't work. However, I cannot attest that the driver was recently updated, thus bringing the problem. Even if I wanted to, I lost the history of it when I uninstalled, reinstalled, etc.

Can anyone please help me on this one? I'm pretty much out of possible solutions.

Thanks in advance for the support

Advertisements

vitaum88

vitaum88

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
✓  Best Answer

Well, I was very skeptic about upgrading my BIOS. The latest bios (212) on ASUS website that was said to be working for windows 10 was developed on 2014.... Before windows 10 launch haha... So I wasnt upgrading... I said to myself: I'm gonna upgrade this BIOS and then try some other driver mentioned in another solution.. Surprise: the BIOS worked... and now my screen is flashing like crazy and the driving is installed correctly... It seems that the problem is solved!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Glad you got it sorted and thanks for sharing the solution vitaum88  :thumbsup: