Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't remove "Safesearch" locked by Admin [Solved]

SafeSearch Malware removal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

mmic279

mmic279

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

I ran FRST (see log file below), and disabled Java in IE. It was not listed in the Chrome plug-ins window.

And then ran JavaRa anyway, and removed Java for now. 

So, that was a lot of steps to clean this. Thank you!!!

Any more checks that you think I should do?

Mark

Fix result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x64) Version: 17-07-2016
Ran by Mark (2016-07-16 12:12:50) Run:2
Running from C:\Users\Mark\Desktop
Loaded Profiles: Mark & MSSQLServerOLAPService & ReportServer & SQLSERVERAGENT & MsDtsServer120 & MSSQLSERVER (Available Profiles: Mark & MSSQLServerOLAPService & ReportServer & SQLSERVERAGENT & MsDtsServer120 & MSSQLSERVER)
Boot Mode: Normal
==============================================

fixlist content:
Start
CreateRestorePoint:
C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Compatibility Verifier\d3dcompiler_46.dll
C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Compatibility Verifier\ffmpegsumo.dll
C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Compatibility Verifier\libEGL.dll
C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Compatibility Verifier\NPSWF32_15_0_0_189.dll
End

Restore point was successfully created.
C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Compatibility Verifier\d3dcompiler_46.dll => moved successfully
C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Compatibility Verifier\ffmpegsumo.dll => moved successfully
C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Compatibility Verifier\libEGL.dll => moved successfully
C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Compatibility Verifier\NPSWF32_15_0_0_189.dll => moved successfully

==== End of Fixlog 12:13:34 ====

Advertisements

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,912 posts

I ran FRST (see log file below), and disabled Java in IE. It was not listed in the Chrome plug-ins window.

And then ran JavaRa anyway, and removed Java for now.

:thumbsup:

So, that was a lot of steps to clean this. Thank you!!!

Any more checks that you think I should do?

Indeed, some times, it takes much more than this. You're very welcome. :) One last thing to do. I need to remove my tools, and let's create a new, clean restore point on the machine.

Please disable your antivirus for the duration of my instructions. Don't forget to re-enable it after you have completed the steps.

Step 1: Tool Removal with Delfix and Creation of a clean restore point
  • Download Delfix from here
  • Ensure Remove disinfection tools is ticked
    Also tick:
    • Create registry backup
    • Purge system restore
    • Reset System Settings
    delfix.jpg
  • Click Run
The program will run for a few moments and then notepad will open with a log. Please paste the log in your next reply.
  • You can uninstall ESET Online Scanner at this time.
  • I recommend keeping Malwarebytes Anti-Malware installed. Make sure to update it and run it at least once a week. If it finds things such as PUP's (Potentially Unwanted Programs) you can delete those with no worries. However, if it finds something like a trojan, come see us.
Step 2: Tips, Information, and Optional Installation of Unchecky
  • Watch what you open in your emails. If you get an email from an unknown source with any attached files, do not open it.
  • Install and keep only one anti-virus on your machine. Update it and scan your machine with it at least once a week.
  • Be careful of the websites you visit.
  • When installing new programs, don't be "click happy" and click through the screens. Many programs come with adware in them and are set to install them by default. Several programs require that you uncheck or select no to prevent the installation. Take your time and read each screen as you go. :)
To help protect yourself while on the web, I recommend you read How did I get infected in the first place?

I also recommend reading Miekiemoes Protection Tips

Installation of Unchecky

This is a very good little program that will automatically uncheck any boxes during a software installation. This helps prevent the software from installing any malware that is by default checked while the program is being installed.
  • Click here to be taken to Unchecky.com
  • Click the very large Download button.
  • Click Save
  • Once downloaded, double click the program (Vista, Win 7, and 8, right click and Run as Administrator)
  • Once open, click the Install button.
unchecky1_zps667e512d.jpg

Then click Finish

unchecky2_zpsca4e7d0d.jpg

Unchecky is now installed and will help you keep unwanted check boxes unchecked. :thumbsup:

Things I need to see in your next post

Delfix Log

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,912 posts

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.