Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Streaming audio files

• Please log in to reply

ulsterpete22

ulsterpete22

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hiya folks. I have a website sorted, and am trying to put up some of my mixes online. However Ithe webhost wont allow me to use it to download mp3's. Does anyone know a good website were it can help me code my mixes to stream online? Is thsi even possible?
Thanks

Advertisements

Space-Man

Space-Man

• PipPip
  • 97 posts
If i'm understanding you correctly i think you should try www.hostultra.com. Lots of free web spaced included :tazz: Or you could just embed the mixes you want people to hear eg.

<embed src="yourmix.mp3" height=50 width=50></embed>

If you do go ahead and use the code make sure the file is in the same folder as the website.

Edited by Space-Man, 19 June 2005 - 12:23 PM.

MR0624

MR0624

• PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
if you don't mind it not being streaming, I would recommend doing a podcast. Or if you made the music your self then I would try hosting it with garageband (not the windows application). www.garageband.com has a thing where you can put your songs on their server and poeple rate them and can stream them. It's really cool.

Good luck!!!

Deadringers

Deadringers

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
or you could host your own server like me and use windows 2003 and that has a streaming service :tazz: very good for Video but you need a good ISP

ulsterpete22

ulsterpete22

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Cheers guys. ill let you kno how these ideas work out