Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Trouble with an Old Problem

• Please log in to reply

Eero

Eero

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I know that there are several other threads about this problem, but having tried all of the ideas on them, i have no other hope than to ask again, i hope its ok. Anyways, my NAV finds the 'virus' Bloodhound.W32.EP in the file c:\windows\system32\wininet.dll. Ive read the norton information on this virus, and tried running full system scans in safe mode with NAV, AdAware, SpyBot, all to no avail (I have updated everything i could, AdAware, SpyBot and NAV to newest definitions). I cannot access the file at all, copy, rename, move, nothing. The odd thing is that i have XP where the norton article said that this OS wasnt inflicted with the virus. Anyways, any help would be awesome, as i am growing tired of havign NAV pop up constantly about it.

Advertisements