Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Problems with Outlook

• Please log in to reply

lizzeydripping

lizzeydripping

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hi - don't know if anyone can help me with this. I am currently unable to email one of our clients because I get an error message back that states that :-

"A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

XXXX.uk.com@hosts.co.uk
(generated from XXXX@XXX.uk.com)
Disk quota exceeded:
mailbox is full: retry timeout exceeded"

Please note XXX's are my own to preserve their confidentiality!

Nobody else is having any trouble getting emails through to this client however - everyone else in the firm can email her without any problem. This is a HUGE problem for me - she is my biggest client. Any suggestions as to what the problem might be?

PLEASE HELP!!!

Advertisements

back2killah

back2killah

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Hi,

Couple thoughts...

Are you using a POP server for your emails (and Outlook as your POP client)?

From your message:
XXXX.uk.com@hosts.co.uk
(generated from XXXX@XXX.uk.com) <-- is this your domain or is this the recipient's domain?

Also, is this problem only with this recipient? Can you send emails to other clients?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
if you are using exchange then your mailbox may be full or you are reaching your send limit.

if you have alot of old mails that you are holding onto then you should move them from your mailbox to a .pst file. you can do this by going to tools > email accounts > view or change... > new outlook data file.

this will move these files from the exchange server to your desktop.

Most competant administrators will set a server storage limit on exchange mailboxes. many people assume that when you hit your limit that you will just not be able to recieve more mail but the default settings refuse sending as well

lizzeydripping

lizzeydripping

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Thanks for the advice!

To answer the first reply first - the domain I have "x"'d out is the client's domain, which is generating the error message.

Re: second reply, it is only this client I am having problems with - I am emailing everybody else fine!

Also, sorry to sound like an idiot, but I don't know what all this POP business is about - we have an exchange server onsite if that has anything to do with the price of fish - cruising into an area I don't know a lot about there though really!

Thanks again guys - any further thoughts would be appreciated!

sawedoff

sawedoff

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Are you attaching anything, either as a separate file, or something included in an automatic signature? Or do you have a stationery set? (fancy background or animation?) Those could cause your email to be larger than anyone else at your company, and could explain why your's bounces and not anyone else's.

alesh

alesh

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Your clients mailbox if full, that is the reason for the error you receive.
The client cannot receive your mail.

I suggest you notify the client about this or their administrator.

A.

lizzeydripping

lizzeydripping

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hi!

Thanks for your thoughts. Bizarrely, I am not trying to attach anything and I spoke three times to my client's IT administrators who assure me that her mailbox is not full prior to posting here.

I'll let you know if this gets resolved!