Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

5.1 surround with mp3/ wmp files

• Please log in to reply

Darryl

Darryl

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
5.1 not initially compatible with WMP and mp3's

I read this in a reveiw on another site and im having the same problem. I know it can be set up to play mp3's and wmp's in 5.1 because it worked well in all sound files for the longest while. But yesterday I had everything disconnected while I moved the computer to another room. When i hooked it back up it now only plays with front L/R speakers with sub. The speakers are Logitech X-530.

How can I set it up to play mp3's and wmp's in 5.1 again?

I have a Sound Blaster Live 24Bit soundcard if that is any help.

Edited by Darryl, 16 June 2005 - 09:04 AM.

Advertisements

Deadringers

Deadringers

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
ok because you moved it have you checked all the connections? and also if you were moving it there is usually a button on the speakers somewhere (usually the sub) which when you press it, it changes the sound from Dolby Digital (5.1) to stero, or could be some thing like AC3, ne ways thats what i did on my Video Logic system and i just pressed the button and it was 5.1 again :tazz:

Darryl

Darryl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

ok because you moved it have you checked all the connections? and also if you were moving it there is usually a button on the speakers somewhere (usually the sub) which when you press it, it changes the sound from Dolby Digital (5.1) to stero, or could be some thing like AC3, ne ways thats what i did on my Video Logic system and i just pressed the button and it was 5.1 again :tazz:

View Post

Checked the connection, they seem to be fine. Looked for the button, but sadly, no success in that either, there probably is one hiding somewhere in my Creative soundcard software, the only trick is to find it lol.