Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Need info on a huge file...

• Please log in to reply

m1573rb0j4ngl35

m1573rb0j4ngl35

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
I've been desperately trying to clear memory on my C drive...and keep it off. I deleted about 200MB of data out of my ZoneAlarm internet log file, and nothing has come back, but the other day I checked my drive space to find that I had about 20MB left after having over 200 just the day before :D <_<
Well, I was looking around today and found a 100+MB file that's titled "WindowsXP-SP2-x86fre-USA-2180.psf.blob", and it's located in this address "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\6ca7b3a8efd5a9b6f87fff395a2eb989\download". Would this be something safe to delete? It's taking up a lot of space and I'd love to get rid of it and figure out what the problem is so I don't constantly get this "Low Disk Space" message on the desktop :D

Any help would be appreciated...

Advertisements

m1573rb0j4ngl35

m1573rb0j4ngl35

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
If this helps any, it says it was created Wednesday, August 4th, 2004.

m1573rb0j4ngl35

m1573rb0j4ngl35

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Nevermind...I just followed the "Easy XP Tweaks" sticky at the top of this forum, and I now have 969MB of free drive space :D

I should have just looked there first <_<