Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Fatal Exception 0E

• Please log in to reply

Resident_Blonde

Resident_Blonde

Formerly known as "Crafty_Girl"

• PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
Hello,

Please make them STOP! :tazz: I am getting them daily, and a 2-3 times I got them stating: (You may be able to work normally) ;)

I can even get them when I'm shutting down the puter... The puter would even freeze up at times to where nothing gets it to shut down properly, so I have to shut it down from the tower.

And I have been told, shutting it down that way is not good, and keep doing it could cause major issues later..

True or not, this is where you come in...

I just got one while on my programs forum help page... This is getting old, there has to be a reason why I keep getting these.

Help Please

;)

Advertisements

Guse

Guse

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
Do you have McAfee Virus Scan?

Guse

Guse

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
Hmmm... normally I'd just edit my other post, but since I don't seem to have that option...

Can you also give me the full 0E on at least one of your messages? Such as A fatal exception 0E has occurred at 0028:C1529458 in VxD
MCSCAN(01) + 00017DB8.

Resident_Blonde

Resident_Blonde

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
Hi Guse,

Sorry for not getting back sooner.. I have just been swamped getting my website up and running....

Here are all the ones that I have recorded:

C0000005 occured in module KERNEL 32.DLL @ address BFF7B9A6

A fatal exception 0E has occureed at 0028:C0031580

An exception 0E has occurred at 0028:C0031580 in VxD, This was called from 0028:C00315BF in VxD, It maybe possible to continue normally

IGFXCFG caused an invalid page fault in
module KERNEL32.DLL at 016f:bff87f05.

ACSD caused an invalid page fault in
module KERNEL32.DLL at 016f:bff7b9a6.

Thanks!
:tazz:

Guse

Guse

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
Hmmm....

I see a lot of video related issues there. Perhaps the first thing you should do is find the newest drivers for your video card.

I'm assuming you know how to do that.......?

Resident_Blonde

Resident_Blonde

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

I'm assuming you know how to do that.......?

<~~~ There is a REASON why Blair, ditto and taz gave me this name ;)

I'm the Resident Blonde of GTG.... So... ;) Nope.. I know nothing about puters, "I'm learning but slowly" :)

I know nothing about video cards... But I know about video movies :help:

And here is what I would think a video card is for... To watch videos on my puter.. Which I dont...

So, I hope I explained myself well... ;)

"now, lets go from here" Your telling me I have to buy something right? And what is wrong with the one I have for the reason why it is making all these errors?

Thanks babe!

:)

Guse

Guse

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
Fair enough.

Nah, you don't have to buy a thing. I hope I don't offend you with this, but by saying " I know nothing" I'm going to explain EVERYTHING.

On your computer is a video (or graphics) card that let's the computer show you the picture you're looking at right now.

A driver, on the other hand, is (maybe too simply) a piece of software that tells your computer how to use that hardware.

The company that made your graphics card will most likely have updated drivers for their product on their website. YOUR job is to figure out who that manufacturer is and what model your card is. This can be a difficult task.

Let me know if you can figure out your graphic card manufacturer.

Edited by Guse, 22 June 2005 - 03:54 PM.

Resident_Blonde

Resident_Blonde

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

I hope I don't offend you with this

There is not much that I have found that can offend me.. So no worries...

But ummm... ;)

Let me know if you can figure out your graphic card manufacturer.

Can you tell me where to start look'n? :tazz:

;)

Guse

Guse

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
The easiest way would be to see what drivers are installed now.

Go to your Device Manager

You can open Device Manager by double-clicking on the System icon in Control Panel, and choosing the Device Manager tab.

Look for an entry called Display Adapter (or Video Adapter or Graphics Adapter) and expand it by clicking the Plus (+) sign to the left of it.

Copy down what it says and post it here and we'll look together.

Resident_Blonde

Resident_Blonde

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
Hello there again ;)

I found it... (Display Adapter) and there was an update button... I pushed it ;)

****Likes pushing buttons****

So now it says as well as having an icon at the bottom right corner:

Intel ฎ 82810 Graphics Technology

What was weird, was when I had to restart the puter after update, I got this error:

And exception 0E at 0028:C0031C7A in VxD ---, Called From 0028:CC00301F9
It may be possible to continue normally

but otherwise... I think I got it... But answer me this... What is all that mumbo jumbo mean... What are the numbers and letters... ?

P.S. No I dont have McAfee, dont care for it much... I have NOD32

Guse

Guse

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
THAT, I can't answer you. I look for keywords and expressions, such as VxD is a virtual device driver, IGFXCFG refers to Intel Graphics, etc.

For that VxD error, we can try something quick that may help (and at the very least won't hurt anything). If you'd like, you can download the newest version of DirectX (a Windows application for handling graphics) to see if it clears up.

follow this link, download and install. It may clear that blue screen up for you.

Let me know what you decide and how it goes.