Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cant remove 10bit malware fighter [Solved]

10bit

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ongoing

ongoing

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

hi i had advanced system care on my computer and it downloaded 10bit malware fighter since this got on my computer i am finding it impossible to remove it help needed ty.....i have tried revo uninstaller to try get rid of it.....to no avail i uninstalled 10bit product asc...search for left over files and removed what i seen ty

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Hello ongoing,

Can I ask what is telling you that there are still traces of Iobit malware fighter on your computer.

ongoing

ongoing

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

hi security center is saying 10bit malware fighter reports that it is turned off......so that would tell me that its still on my comp somewhere

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

See if it shows up in Autoruns and if it does delete it there, Autoruns here

CCleaner (free) may also be worth a try.

ongoing

ongoing

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

hi i tried autoruns it wasent there ......i ran ccleaner then rebboted  comp its still there so i ran regedit typed 10bit and found entries for malware fighter...but im not comfortable about messing about in the registery.....is there a guide to tracking down these reg entries for 10bit malware fighter thanks

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Going to ask for a malware removal expert take a look at your thread, please bear with us meanwhile.

dbreeze

dbreeze

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,216 posts

FIRST >>>

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

• List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Devices [ Only Problems / No Driver / All ]
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
  • List Minidump Files
  • List Restore Points

Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.  Please attach that file in your reply post.

SECOND >>>

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool 32bit and save it to your Desktop.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool 64bit and save it to your Desktop.
 Only one of these will run on your system; that is the correct one to keep.  Please delete the other FRST file.

• Right click the FRST file on your desktop and select "Run as Administrator..." (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • If an update is available, the program will inform you and download the update.  Allow it do this please.
  • Once the tool shows "The tool is ready to use." message, please type IObit Malware Fighter;IOBit into the Search Box.
  • Press the Search Registry button.
  • It will produce a log called search.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
  • Please attach the log in your reply post.

NOTE: Type in capital i capital o bit .

ongoing

ongoing

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

here thay are and ty

Attached Files

• Attached File  MTB.txt   22.85KB   197 downloads
  • Attached File  Search.txt   427bytes   204 downloads

dbreeze

dbreeze

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,216 posts

Thanks for the logs.  Can you run the FRST search again but this time just put in IOBit;10bit ? 

ongoing

ongoing

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

sorry do u mean put this in search box......i0Bit:10bit like that

Edited by ongoing, 14 July 2016 - 07:12 AM.

Advertisements

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts

I am moving this topic to the Malware Removal forum. More appropriate with the tools being used now. It can be moved back later if necessary. :)

dbreeze

dbreeze

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,216 posts

emeraldnzl - Thank you.

ongoing - Actually, let's just get a complete scan with FRST.

We need to get a fresh scan from FRST.

• If you still have the Addition.txt file on your desktop, please delete it now.
  • Right click the FRST file on your desktop and select "Run as Administrator..." (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • If an update is available, the program will inform you and download the update.  Allow it do this please.  Otherwise, just wait for the "The tool is ready to use." message.
  • Please check the Addition.txt in the Option Scan section of FRST.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
  • Please copy and paste log back here.
  • The tool will generate will another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.

ongoing

ongoing

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

i did what u asked i copied but i wont allow me to paste i dont know why

dbreeze

dbreeze

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,216 posts

You can attach the file if you can not paste them.  Under the reply box (what we type messages into), select Browse, find the file,click on Open and then Attach This File.  You can do this for  as many files as you need to attach.  Thank you.

ongoing

ongoing

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

here they are and ty

Attached Files