*cough, clears throat*
I have been dealing with a slow Windows 10, 64 Bit Computer. (Asus - Model number: G751JMBHI7T25) - - I have been suspicious for months that I've had a virus - However, I've scanned with :
Avast, Adaware, Malware Bytes, Spybot search and destroy, webroot Internet security suite (own full version). I also have done rootkit and keylogger scan with Hijack this. And I have been 100% clean, every time for everything.
AND No, I don't use all these. I uninstalled everything but Webroot (which is primary security software) After intial scan results
In terms of maintenance, I :
* defrag weekly
* disk cleanup daily
* Done a memory check.
* Have all windows updates
* Manually went through all my drivers they are up to date, including video card.
* checked for unnecessary start up programs and services, nothing could disable.
* I optimize daily with Ccleaner
* Have optimized computer for best performance in Control Panel
Im stumped, do you know what could be causing a slow computer? Or am I being paranoid?
- PS: Keep in mind This process of elimination went on for months. In Addition, I did fix one problem I came across in which Internet Explorer was saving cache in wrong directory and Disk cleanup for some reason didnt catch it. This apparently was present since I bought computer and can only assume was a random bug considering hasnt happened since.