Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PPTX upload process failed

• Please log in to reply

OisinRiley

OisinRiley

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I'm actually using office automation on Win7 64-bit with PowerPoint to manipulate PowerPoint presentations.   A PPTX was uploaded from the internet and the process failed.  I opened the PPTX directly with PowerPoint and got the error "PowerPoint found a problem with content" and asked if I wanted to repair.  I said yes, saved it as another PPTX, and everything was ok.  This happens only with this one file.

I've unchecked all the protected view settings in the trust center, set my computer to authentication and impersonation to connect and identify, enabled macros and Active X controls, added the upload path to trusted settings, right-clicked the PPTX, properties, but there is no "unblock" to unblock.   Nothing has fixed the issue.
What else can I check or is this just a bad PPTX since it's the only one we've found like this?

Advertisements

The_Shadow_630

The_Shadow_630

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

You might have to start checking the actual content on the slides themselves and see if the error is somewhere on a slide as opposed to being the entire file.

kimmo_melasniemi

kimmo_melasniemi

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Visit this great source for additional information. Maybe will find something useful in that issue.

http://forums.techguy.org/business-applications/1129888-powerpoint-file-crashes-powerpoint-upon.html

OisinRiley

OisinRiley

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you all for your advice! The issue has been resolved.