Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 10 update gone majorly wrong

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

mccann2688

mccann2688

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
My laptop which is running Windows 10 last night automatically installed an update. When I logged on today I find that my computer files are no longer there along with all the programs I had installed.

There is literally nothing there. Tried restoring to previous settings but now it won't even turn on. Kees coming up with a blue screen.

Can someone please help me try and recover files and previous version and why would an update to this?

Edited by mccann2688, 14 July 2016 - 11:13 AM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Hello mccann2688,

Tip

To ensure and so that I can see that you will receive notification of any reply to your thread please click on the Follow this topic tab, top right corner above your OP.

Can you post the brand and model name or number of the notebook for us so that we can do some research, the first thing we should do is see if we can find any data on the HDD, we need the computer specs for this so we know what method would be best.

why would an update to this? 

It could just be a coincidence, do you recall the update/s details at all.