Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

LC-65N5200U programming code?

Best Answer 76broadband , 17 July 2016 - 08:33 PM

Unfortunately, those codes didn't work. The Dish receiver tells me that it requires a four digit code. There is a scanning feature to find the correct code, but it cannot find the correct code (per... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

76broadband

76broadband

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
I am having trouble finding the TV code for the Sharp LC-65N5200U (that is the model number). I am trying to program a Dish Network remote (40.0 UHF 2G) to work with this TV. What is the TV code to program the remote to this TV?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

try one of these.

026, 091, 105, 106, 107, 108, 128, 129

if no luck then you can do a power scan to get it working with your tv.

https://carltonbale....iversal-remote/

:popcorn:

76broadband

76broadband

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
✓  Best Answer

Unfortunately, those codes didn't work. The Dish receiver tells me that it requires a four digit code. There is a scanning feature to find the correct code, but it cannot find the correct code (perhaps it is just not compatible with this TV).

However, I called Dish customer service, and they told me that they would send me a different remote. If that solves the problem, then I will mark this as resolved.

If it doesn't, however, I will have to stick to using two different remotes. Universal remotes are a good idea, but I wouldn't like to spend money to fix this problem. I appreciate the link, though!

try one of these.

026, 091, 105, 106, 107, 108, 128, 129

if no luck then you can do a power scan to get it working with your tv.

https://carltonbale....iversal-remote/

Edited by 76broadband, 17 July 2016 - 08:36 PM.

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

There is a scanning feature to find the correct code, but it cannot find the correct code (perhaps it is just not compatible with this TV).

does sound like it, with luck the new remote will work.

76broadband

76broadband

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

There is a scanning feature to find the correct code, but it cannot find the correct code (perhaps it is just not compatible with this TV).

does sound like it, with luck the new remote will work.

Hurray! The new remote works!

Apparently there was an issue with my old Dish remote. Once I powered on the remote, it was able to control the TV. I didn't even have to program it to work with the TV.

I appreciate your assistance!

Edited by 76broadband, 19 July 2016 - 11:21 PM.

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

great. :spoton: