Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slow to load, CPU 100%, Memory 50%-90%, Agonizing experience [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

Brian You are good. Wowee Whoopie Yabba dabba do.

The cpu is now spiking to 100 sometimes but not the steady 100 from before. Memory usage is about half of what it was.

I am no longer having the lagging and debug script problems that brought me to the edge for the last year. It seems like the updates have cleared my problems. I thought In one of your posts you stated these problems will prolly return about the time of the next update release. Now I cannot find that statement so I guess it was on another site.

How can I find the updates I need to download if they do not appear when I go to windows update and search. Is there something I can do to head these problems off at the pass?

Excellent news. If you have the issue again you can refer back to the link in Post#3. They will identify if another update is the culprit.

In my initial post I stated "I have run malwarebytes religiously and in the last year of so it has found absolutely no threats. So today I thought I might have installed it incorrectly and about an hour ago uninstalled it. I have kept Avast updated and scanned and it has found nothing in a long time either." 

Shouldn't they have found something, anything. I will download and use malwarebytes antimalware.  I will be using the free edition when cashflow improves I will get the full program. Is there a certain way to load it to help it to do the best job?

You did everything correctly. No, it shouldn't find anything if your machine is clean. This is expected.

Can you scan my FRST log again and see if there are other things we need to tend to before we proclaim me healed?

There is nothing in the log of note that needs addressed. You are good to go.

Take care.

Advertisements

cctexun

cctexun

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Dear Brian it is with a hardy "Hi Ho Silver, away". I bid you adieu. I gotta member post 3 afor I look my intuition tells me its gonna be krelay time again next time. Iffen the dagnab update delay grabs my britches I will be rattlin chains about these parts agin. Thanks young fella for the invaluable assistance, imperturbable patience and inscrutable instruction. Mighty kind of you. Later D

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.