Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sonicforge?

• Please log in to reply

freek

freek

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
I recently bought a Sony cd player, and it was like "BUILD A 450 SONG PLAYLIST" So I thought it had a mp3 player built in. I install the program, and then it's just like a playlist program, any idea what this thing does?

Advertisements

Smokey

Smokey

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,423 posts
It's called SonicStage. I have an ATRAC3Plus cd player as well. It plays mp3s burned to cds as well as sony's sound formats, Atrac3 and Atrac3Plus. Ripping your audio cds to your pc in the atrac3plus format at 64 kpbs will give you about 360 songs when you burn them to an atrac cd. At 48 kpbs, it gives you up to 490.

Here's a review of a player that came with the old version 1.0 (current version 2.1.01):
http://www.epinions....nt_124703641220

The sound format stays the same with the new version. The big difference you can save your atrac songs to your hard drive now. Another new thing is the Sony Connecy music store. I have since bought a new atrac cd player with the newer version, but no review.

My suggestion is READ THE MANUALS!!!