Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Complete drive duplicated

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

artpayne

artpayne

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Hi All,

I've got a strange situation here !!   Recently had a crash after a win.10 update and when I finally got up and running again I found that the expansion drive which I used for File History backup was duplicated.   Not just the contents of the drive but in the "My PC" tree there are two expansion drives "E" so I have every backed up file twice.  

I thought I could just delete one but after testing with one file I found that it was removed from both drive E's so if I delete one I lose both.

To add to the strangeness I find that in my "Music" file, which is pretty big, within each folder the contents themselves have been duplicated, i.e. a 12 track CD has 24 tracks.

Has anyone had a similar experience?   Can anyone suggest how to repair the situation?

Re. the music - is there a way I can now rebuild my library without first having to physically delete each individual duplicate track ?   There are thousands of them.

Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated.

Regards

Art

Advertisements