Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Networking problems

• Please log in to reply

hidden0

hidden0

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I recently bought two Belkin 802.11G wireless PCI cards for my new Linksys wireless Router. I have two computers directly underneath downstairs in my room from the router, and one computer works absolutely pefectly fine in all aspects of being online.

The other computer (the one im using now) however, constantly drops me from the wireless network. Both computers are running the same OS and everything yet I need to repair the wireless connection about 10 times an hour on this computer and its quite rediculous. Is there anything I can do to solve this problem? Im getting 100% signal and 54 mbps when im connected even! I don't understand what the problem is. So far ive tried repositioning my computer which did not work and changing signals on the router which hasn't worked ethier. Any help is very appreciative! (Repairs connection....since it was lost while typing this message)

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
did you switch the wireless cards from one pc to the other....it may be the card

hidden0

hidden0

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have had two different cards in my current PC, both different brands with equal results. I just switched it so that Microsoft handles all my wireless configuration and I think I might have helped the situation, I don't know though. I re-did the wireless network and searched available networks hopefully to some avail...

**EDIT**

No avail! I come home only to see my wireless connection has been disconnected again. I am stuck. I have no Idea what to do to fix this, I've even completely removed the hardware/software and reinstalled from step one! Nothing works...

Edited by hidden0, 16 June 2005 - 06:39 PM.

hidden0

hidden0

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have problems, still not working! Reinstalled, tried new PCI ports, everything!