Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Strange BIOS message after upgrading CPU

Best Answer RKinner , 29 July 2016 - 08:41 AM

Looking back at your original post:  http://www.geekstogo...ts-please-help/ The recommendation was to use the Dual core intel core 2 due e7200 2533 mhz with the intel MoBo not the AS... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

ripo66

ripo66

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Hello all J

So after  i  upgraded my old computer cpu

from

CPU Type DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E4300, 1800 MHz (9 x 200)

To The

CPU  Dual core intel core 2 due e7200 2533 mhz

(MY  Motherboard  is  Asus P5LD2 SE )

My computer works great!  And  faster  thanks to  you guys !

But I have a little problem since I did upgrade the processor

Every time I start /restart my  computer  I get  this Strange  message:

"UnKnown CPU detected . BIOS  update  is required to unleash  its full power .

Press F1 to Resume "  

Some of you friends checked in asus site  before recommending me to upgrade and see  that my motherboard  supports  this  processor  and I also see that it Should  be support for my cpu

So I go to asus  website site and check the verision of my bios and I see that I have also the last Version 1301 and there Is no update for my asus Motherboard

I'd be happy if someone has an idea what can I do to Solve this pressing problem

( I attach the original message in picture file )

I appreciate your help and want to Thanks in advance  to everyone   

Attached Thumbnails

• problem cpu .jpg

Edited by ripo66, 29 July 2016 - 06:38 AM.

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP
✓  Best Answer

Looking back at your original post:  http://www.geekstogo...ts-please-help/

The recommendation was to use the Dual core intel core 2 due e7200 2533 mhz with the intel MoBo not the ASUS.  I don't see any mention of using the e7200 on the ASUS board.  Looking at the support page for the ASUS:

https://www.asus.com...E/HelpDesk_CPU/

The best CPU supported of the Core 2 Duo  series is the Core 2 Duo E6700 (2.66GHz,1066FSB,L2:4MB,rev.B2) using BIOS 0314 or better.  Your 1301 is the latest version so it would appear that ASUS has no intent to provide support for your e7200.    Perhaps you could move the e7200 to the intel MoBo?  It appears if I read their website correctly that version 47 or better of their BIOS will support your e7200 and they are up to 71

ripo66

ripo66

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

True you're probably right! 

And apparently did not notice!

But CPU   e7200  works great on the asus p5ld2-se

so Meanwhile I  was   able to to disable notifications, requiring any key is pressed to continue in the bios  itself 

but if you find an any another solution ( like update bios ). i will appriciate if you tell me 

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

Doubt ASUS is going to update the BIOS on that board so disabling the notifications is your best bet.

ripo66

ripo66

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

ok thank! dear friend 

this is the best i think !