Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Wifi Connections Available (Resolved).

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

Rex Manning

Rex Manning

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Hello,

I came home last night and powered up my laptop only to find that my computer says "No connections are available" when I hover over the icon in the taskbar.  Other computers are able to connect to the wifi, and when I go into the Device Manager it says the adaptor is working properly.  A couple of other error messages popped up when I started the computer which are new:

"ADevCtrl64.exe - Application Error:  The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b).  Click OK to close the application."

"USecuAppClient.exe - System Error:  The program can't start because Wlanapi.dll is missing from your computer.  Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

For what it's worth, I ran CCleaner and Spybot.  Spybot's system scan hung up on Zlob.ZipCodec downloaded files and did not finish.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Hello Rex Manning,

Trikein has responded to your reply #9 here

We are always happy to help when we can but we cannot do so if you are already receiving assistance on any other forum, doing so may lead to confusion as to whose and what guidance you are following which can be both dangerous and costly, decide on which forum you wish to continue and as a courtesy let the other/s know that assistance is no longer required.

Thank you for your understanding.

Spybot's system scan hung up on Zlob.ZipCodec downloaded files and did not finish.

FWIW, the above is a known issue and a fix released by SpyBot here

Rex Manning

Rex Manning

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Understood.  Thanks for your response.  This thread can be closed.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

No worries and thank you for understanding  :thumbsup:

Tech topics are not normally closed without a particular reason and you are welcome to return here if you are unable to resolve the issue with the help of any other forum, just let the other forum/s know please.