Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

drop down boxs open an close instantly (Resolved).

- - - - -

Best Answer phillpower2 , 02 August 2016 - 02:10 PM

Hello DeborahT, As the computer is new it should therefore be covered by warranty and so you should return it and have the merchant that sold you it put it right, it is clearly not in the... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

DeborahT

DeborahT

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

I bought a windows 10 HP  laptop yesterday and the whole time I was setting it up it the drop down boxes opened and closed within 2 seconds. It does the same now that I have set it up. I also have to fight to type a message in things, such as facebook, I get to start typing and the words go away and come right back with some letters missing.  

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
✓  Best Answer

Hello DeborahT,

As the computer is new it should therefore be covered by warranty and so you should return it and have the merchant that sold you it put it right, it is clearly not in the working condition that it should be and what you paid for, tinker with it yourself and the store may say that it is something that you have done that is causing the issue/s.

Good luck and let us know how you get after returning the computer.

DeborahT

DeborahT

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

ok thank you.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

You are welcome  :)