Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

regsvr32 the module failed to load

• Please log in to reply

Ulysses31

Ulysses31

• Pip
  • 4 posts

I get a pop up every time I start this PC after removing a load of malware. Pic attached, I've run adwcleaner, FRST, hitman, JRT, malware bytes, zemana and cc cleaner but still get the pop-up.

Any suggstions what to try next?

Attached Thumbnails

• REGSRV.JPG

Advertisements

Ulysses31

Ulysses31

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

FRST64 reports attached.

Attached Files

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP
When you Replied to your own post to add the logs you fell off the list of unreplied topics which is where we look for cases.

You had some malware but something removed the file but didn't remove the registry entry that called for it which is why you got the error.

Download the attached fixlist.txt to the same location as FRST

Run FRST and press Fix
A fix log will be generated please post that 

Run FRST again as before.  Make sure Addition.txt is checked and hit Scan.  Post both logs.

Ulysses31

Ulysses31

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

No problem, I should have posted the first log files in the first post but didn;t think to at the time, sorry.

Ran the fix and it's done the trick, thanks! I spent ages looking through regedit trying to find and reference to the problem but didn't know where exactly to look. Thanks again for the help!!

Attached Files