Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Website platform advice

voting email capture membership

• Please log in to reply

goldengoosefilms

goldengoosefilms

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi there. I am casting for my upcoming film and I want to do something different.  I need to create a website which will have female traffic driven to it (via 2 female social influencers I am casting along with the friends and fans of the guys)  to vote on the guys they want to see advance to the next round.  right now i just need to get something launched til I can generate revenue to hire a web pro.  I have only ever used the likes of weebly to make a business/movie website.  What I need is a way for women to have to SIGN IN with their email and then be able to CAST A VOTE(s).  In turn, I will have their email addresses where they can be updated on project, (automatically replied to after voting) , incentives, chance to go to live auditions in Las Vegas.  I also want to have a "Members" area where they can join for nominal fee and have more access to interviews etc with the guys.   The eventual idea is once there are so many hits on the website, i can then get sponsors to post their ads as well. But that is down the line.  I am not tech savvy but I need something that looks professional and can do what I need -  Have women be able to click on a guys photo and review it then vote on that person if they want.  I have over 100 guys so far so vote down to 20 or so to go to  live callbacks.  I have looked at Gleam, Wordpress, and polls.  What is the best route to take?  Thank you.   I will eventually need a hired tech guy so anyone who helps me here is a candidate.  My project is along the lines of Magic Mike. 2 agencies I'm working with already are thrilled with this idea.  It will be a media frenzy.  I just need to be steered in the right direction to get this off the ground.  Thanks a lot.

Advertisements

LongJohnSilver

LongJohnSilver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

You can achieve what you are talking about through many CMS's. It just all depends on what you feel most comfortable using. Your comfort level, web development experience, and desired features are key factors. WordPress can most likely handle what you are looking for in the beginning. Something like TYPO3 offers offers a lot of extensive features that other CMS's don't - this article outlines some of the features and extensions if you're interested. I know that you can do questionnaires, surveys, and a lot of other interactive stuff with it. This sounds like the type of feature you want so that your female audience can vote.